Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: Site which use scans without permission?

  1. #1
    Inactive Member Jojjo's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 3rd, 2003
    Posts
    37
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hello,

    I'm not sure if this has already been brought up, or if the site's owner has gotten permission for this (the whole site wouldn't load for me), but this page has been hosting various of scans for... ages, from Sakura-Crisis, Aku Tenshi, Omanga etc.
    I'm pretty sure that Sakura Crisis are the only ones who have scanlated Blood Hound and Cruel Fairytales...
    Even works that have been licensed and removed from the original sites are there (Angel Sanctuary, DNAngel, Ayashi no Ceres...) - the different scanlation team's logos are still there as well, I'm absolutely sure I've seen them.

    Well, since I wasn't sure about the situation, I thought contacting her and ask her to remove the scans whitout asking someone who'd know better in this matter would be a bad idea.
    Therefore, I'd like to ask - is this permitted? And is there a list over sites which has/has not gotten permission to host files? Because this is a bit confusing.

    Happy for any kind of information that will help to clarify this matter
    //Joanna

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Risu-chan's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 10th, 2003
    Posts
    659
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    The only approved rehosters I know of are the ones linked to straight from the S-Cnet site - the places you go to when you click on a zip link.

    If this isn't one of those, and particularly if they're still hosting licensed stuff, it sounds like the Smack Should Be Laid Down...

    you might want to try to catch Crisis on this one since I haven't been around since ground zero, but I suspect that's likely to be her answer as well...

  3. #3
    Inactive Member Shia's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 3rd, 2003
    Posts
    78
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    if I'm not mistaken, this link has already been brought up a while ago and someone already contacted the site's owner back then (I think the only thing that changed was that there suddenly were a few more disclaimers and links to the original scanlation teams sites)

    (the thing that feaks me out most are the guest book entries over there that went like "thank you for scanlating all those mangas, you are wonderful!!" x_X )

    good luck with the second try to get a reaction out of the site owner [img]smile.gif[/img]

  4. #4
    Inactive Member tenjou_sama's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 12th, 2002
    Posts
    614
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    The thing that irks me the most is that this person is getting credit for actually scanlating these manga, when they've done nothing.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member Reikou Hitakana's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 10th, 2003
    Posts
    233
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I guarantee that this person isn't an authorized rehoster. I mean just look at the site. Since it might be a bit tough to get ahold of Crisis, and I don't know if this is the same site as before (whose owner said that they would take down s-c manga), Risu, can ya just send off an email? You kinda have more authority around here because you're translating and all.

    Ugh, speaking of translating, can I get some scans of a few pages of anything you're working on? I wanna see if I'm up to the level where I can do any translating yet.

    -Reikou

  6. #6
    Inactive Member Risu-chan's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 10th, 2003
    Posts
    659
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by Reikou Hitakana:
    Ugh, speaking of translating, can I get some scans of a few pages of anything you're working on? I wanna see if I'm up to the level where I can do any translating yet.

    -Reikou
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Carole's got the Cain and Ludwig scans with Japanese in them - I've just got the books themselves. ^^;; I think I have some of Blood Hound with the kanji in it kicking around somewhere though, Carole gave that to me so I could make some romanization tests for AnimeLyrics.com with it... which would you like to see?

    Re outraged mail: the problem is, I'm completely in no way "officially" related to S-C.net. I can't update the website or anything, I can't point to a staff page on the site and say "this is me", I don't have any actual authority to back up what I'm saying... all I can say is "I've got a hotmail address that looks like it could belong to the person they credit with translating some of this stuff" which isn't real impressive when you're trying to lay down the official-sounding smack... ^^;;;;

  7. #7
    Inactive Member Verykawaiineko's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 14th, 2003
    Posts
    64
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    what site? me is very confused..... [img]redface.gif[/img]

  8. #8
    Inactive Member Anime Goddess's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 22nd, 2003
    Posts
    237
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

  9. #9
    Inactive Member sakurayuki's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 11th, 2002
    Posts
    35
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Another one...?
    This is the third site I have heard about this week, who posts our manga without our permission. Thank you very much for letting us know, I will definitely speak to Crisis about it. (who, for some reason, is unavailable by any email except her private one). ^^` Hopefully I can find her on icq soon.

    take care,
    sakusaku

  10. #10
    Inactive Member Countess D's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 30th, 2003
    Posts
    148
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Arrow

    Yep, that's the same site from before. They just changed the layout.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •